1. Begin by standing with feet 3-4 feet apart with knees unbent. Keeping your left foot firmly on the floor, bend your right knee and put your right foot on the inner side of your thigh, close to your groin.
2. Achieve balance, and then extend your arms out on both sides, maintaining balance all the while.
3. Exhale, and extend your left hand upwards, while simultaneously extending your right hand downwards towards your right knee, keeping both arms extended in line with each other. Extend your gaze upwards, looking towards the fingertips of your left hand.
4. Remain in this position for at least 30 seconds, increasing the duration as your ability increases. Release on an exhale and return to the original position, before repeating on the other side.
This pose strengthens and tones the muscles of the feets, legs and buttocks. whilst stretching the arms, shoulders and back. Mastery of this pose improves balance and stability, and helps to relive stress and blood pressure.
Vrikshasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- 7 Tips Get In Better Shape in 2 Weeks: A Workout Plan
- GET A LIFT Enhance Your Bust With These Targeted Chest Moves
- The 6 Best Yoga Exercises for a Full-Body Workout
- THE RE-ENERGISER YOGA & WORKOUT
- Be The Future of Pilates Bası Legacy Program