Supta means “sleeping”;padagnustha means “the big toe.”
Strengthens abdominal muscles and stretches hamstrings.
1. Lie on your back, making sure your back is flat on the floor.
2. Keep your arms at your side. Inhaling, raise your right leg as high as possible without bending your knees.
3. Keep your left leg straight on the floor. Place your hands around your right ankle. Beginners may not be able to reach the ankle; more advanced yoga practitioners or limber individuals may be able to reach farther up to the foot. Go only as far as you can without discomfort.
4. Breathe into the pose. Exhale as you lower your right leg. Repeat for the alternate leg.
Supta-Padangusthasana Reclining Single-Leg Raise Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- YOGA EXERCISE AT THE AFTER-PARTY
- 7 Tips Get In Better Shape in 2 Weeks: A Workout Plan
- Want To Discover Your Fitness Age Or The Best Exercise For Your Body Type? Welcome To The Personalised Plans To Help You Nail Your Goals
- GET A LIFT Enhance Your Bust With These Targeted Chest Moves
- Rachel Chatham Brand Manager, FIT London