Omron Body Fat Analyzer
Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA)
Omron Body Fat Analyzer: The BIA device sends an extremely weak electrical current through your body to determine the amount of total body water. You will not feel the current during the test. The body fat percentage is calculated from a formula that uses body water, electric resistance, height, weight, age, and gender.
1. Enter your height, weight, gender, and age into the BIA device.
2. Grasp the left and right handles and wrap your middle finger around the groove in the handle. With your thumbs facing up and resting on the unit, place the palms of your hands on the top and bottom electrodes.
3. Hold your arms straight out at a 90-degree angle to your body.
4. Confirm the ready to measure display and the READY indicator turns on. Push the start button and the display START turns on. The unit automatically detects that it is held and starts measurement. Do not move during measurement.
5. Record your fat, percent fat, and fat-free weight.
Omron Body Fat Analyzer Photo Gallery
6. Compare the BIA measurements with other techniques of assessing body composition.
U.S. Navy Circumference Method of Measuring Percent Fat
This method measures fat percentage from abdominal circumference, neck circumference, and height in men and from abdominal circumference, hip circumference, neck circumference, and height in women.
1. Measuring tape
2. Stadiometer or tape on wall to measure height
1. Measure height without shoes using a stadiometer or tape measure. A stadiometer is a height-measuring device that is often part of a scale found in a gym or physician’s office.
2. Measure neck circumference below the larynx (Adam’s apple), with the tape sloping slightly downward at the front.
Neck circumference (inches):
3. Measure waist circumference at navel level for men and at the smallest point for women.
Waist circumference (inches):
4. Measure hip circumference (women only) at the largest point.
Hip circumference (inches):
Calculating percent fat using charts developed by the U.S. Navy
Calculate circumference value: Abdominal circumference – neck circumference:
Read percent fat from the chart from where the circumference value intersects with height. Enter fat percentage: Women:
Calculate circumference value: Abdominal circumference + hip circumference – neck circumference (in inches): Read percent fat from the chart from where the circumference value intersects with height. Enter fat percentage:
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Workout Routine
- STREAM & SWEAT
- Your Best BODY EVER!
- 8 SUPRISE ENDURANCE SUPERFOODS
- BOOST YOUR PERFORMANCE