Mala means “garland.”
The is a wonderful pose to open the pelvic area to prepare for birth.
1. Stand in Tadasana and bring your hands into the prayer position.
2. Spread your legs about three feet apart and slowly go into a squatting position.
3. Breathe into the position, hold, and then slowly come up.
Note: If you are beyond the second trimester of pregnancy and/or are having trouble with your balance, try the Wall Squat instead of this pose.
Malasana Squatting Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- YOGA EXERCISE AT THE AFTER-PARTY
- Want To Discover Your Fitness Age Or The Best Exercise For Your Body Type? Welcome To The Personalised Plans To Help You Nail Your Goals
- GET A LIFT Enhance Your Bust With These Targeted Chest Moves
- Rachel Chatham Brand Manager, FIT London
- ROW LIKE A PRO