Hip Opener • 5 to 8 minutes
Long eighth-fold blanket
- If you are pregnant, substitute Pregnant Goddess Pose.
- If you experience discomfort in your knees or hips in this pose, use blocks or more blankets to prop up your thighs.
- Supports and maintains your hips in gentle, healthy external rotation.
- Gently stretches your inner thigh muscles.
- Helps relieve hip pain due to long periods spent sitting.
- Encourages dual sensations of grounding and expansion.
with the narrow end touching the base of your spine.
knees wide to make a diamond shape with your legs.
ends around your ankles to meet behind your heels so your outer shins are supported.
- . Using your hands for support, lie back onto the blanket behind you.
- . Remain in Reclining Butterfly for 5 to 8 minutes. To exit, use your
hands to draw your knees together, then roll to one side and press yourself up to a sitting position.
If you’ve been feeling down or sitting a lot and want to increase feelings of openness, take your arms out wide. If you’ve been feeling scattered or anxious and are seeking more grounding, place one hand on your heart and the other on your abdomen.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree