Wide Legged forward Bend (variation) – Prasarita Padottanasana
Main Benefit – Opens the channels in the arms and the Shoulders.
1. Take a wide legged stance with toes both facing to the side of the room
2. Interlace your hands behind your back while upright. Then inhale, lengthen your spine upwards and then as you exhale start to stick your buttocks out behind and draw the torso forward and down while letting the arms drift up behind you.
3. Allow a few breaths to settle into this pose – keep breathing and relax your head.
4. When you’re ready to come up, bend your knees slightly, and imagine someone is behind you pulling you up by your arms bringing you upright.
5. Relax the arms and release the legs.
Wide Legged forward Bend variation – Prasarita Padottanasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Morning Yoga Poses & Wake Up With Yoga
- Does Bed Rest During Pregnancy Really Help?
- What to do about itchy nipples and navel?
- Folic Acid Benefits in Pregnancy
- Yoga Postures for Sick