Warrior 1 (Open Hands & Heart Variation) – Virabhadrasana 1
Main Benefit – Opens the heart and the channels on the arms while strengthening the legs.
1. Start by standing, with feet hip width apart at the front of your mat.
2. Bend the knees slightly to get balanced and step the left leg towards the back of the mat (about a leg length apart).
3. Bring the hands into prayer at the heart centre and allow the front knee to bend deeply. Let the back heel come off the mat as you try to keep the back leg long and straight.
4. When you feel settled, supported and strong in your legs open the arms up wide and gaze slightly up. Imagine giving the sky a big hug!
5. Allow your heart to open. Spread your fingers wide, keep your elbow and shoulder joints soft so the Qi can travel through them easily.
6. Hold for at least 3 deep and full breaths.
7. To come out, bring the hands back to heart centre and spring the back foot back up to the front of the mat.
8. Repeat on the other side.
Warrior 1 Open Hands & Heart Variation – Virabhadrasana 1 Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree