Balancing poses develop agility, concentration, and strength. You should rest after each of these poses.
Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
Vrksa means “tree.”
Stretches entire body; tones leg muscles; helps develop balance and concentration.
Practice the tree in stages.
1. Begin in Tadasana (standing pose) with your hands in front of you in a prayer position.
2. Balance on one leg, then slide the opposite foot up the inside of the balancing leg to the ankle or calf.
3. When you are comfortable, continue to slide the foot to the knee of the standing leg.
4. Concentrate and raise both arms over your head, palms together.
Vrksasana Tree Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Morning Yoga Poses & Wake Up With Yoga
- Does Bed Rest During Pregnancy Really Help?
- What to do about itchy nipples and navel?
- Folic Acid Benefits in Pregnancy
- Yoga Postures for Sick