TRY THE NEW HYGGE
After embracing the Scandi way of living – spending inordinate amounts of time luxuriating in bubble baths, lighting pine-scented candles and snuggling under hand-knitted blankets – get set to adopt a new Eastern mindset in 2018.
Sounding like a cross between a Pokémon character and something you’d put on your sushi, wabi-sabi is the Japanese art of appreciating beauty in a ‘naturally imperfect world’.
TRY THE NEW HYGGE Photo Gallery
Rooted in Zen Buddhism, wabi-sabi is gaining velocity and moving into the realm of skincare. It’s about authenticity and simplicity; ensuring your beauty regime is more focused on ‘appreciating’ than ‘perfecting’, so you’re less likely to fall down the Instagram rabbit hole of extreme makeovers. The embodiment of that ethos is YourGoodSkin, Boots’ first own-brand launch in 20 years.
Scientists spoke to over 2,500 women before developing the product line based on their needs. The result? Fuss-free buys such as the Balancing Skin Concentrate, designed solely to keep skin healthy
Maybe You Like Them Too
- SEEK OUT CELESTIAL SKINCARE
- Get The Abs You’ve Always Wanted With This Key Move
- Give Your Running Technique an MOT And See Your Performance Improve
- 5 Tips to Creating Balance In Your Life
- Working Remotely May Sound Appealing But it’s All too Easy to Fall into Unhealthy Habits Here’s How to Get The Balance Right