Tri means “three”; kona, “angle.”
Tones and stretches leg, hip, and back muscles.
1. Spread the legs about 3 or 4 feet apart.
2. Inhale and stretch the arms out to the sides.
3. Exhaling, extend the right arm upward, stretching over to the left side of the body, and place the left palm against your leg.
4. Your head should be looking upward toward the stretched right arm. Be careful not to bend forward; aim for a triangle position. Stretch only as far as you can. Breathe into the pose.
5. Inhale and come back to center.
6. Repeat on the opposite side.
Trikonasana Triangle Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree