Sukha means “comfortable” or “joy.”
Sukhasana is the basic pose for sitting and relaxation and is the classic pose for beginning meditation. It stretches the spine and focuses the mind.
1. Sit on the floor and fold the legs, right foot just under your left leg between the calf and the foot, and left foot under your right leg between the calf and the foot. This should be comfortable, not strained. Let your knees drop only as far as comfortable.
Note: If you cannot sit on the floor or find crossing your legs even slightly uncomfortable or painful, try sitting straight in a chair. If you have back problems, try putting your back against a wall for support when sitting.
2. Keep your spine erect.
3. Keep your chest erect, head forward, and shoulders back.
4. Place your hands gently on your kneecaps.
5. Close your eyes and breathe.
Sukhasana Easy Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Cold-Crushing Superfoods
- Will You Be Deficient In Certain Nutrients If You Don’t Eat Carbs? You Was Told To Eat Everything In Moderation
- ACV Breaks Down Mucus, Increasing The Elimination Of Harmful Bacteria And Viruses
- 4 STEPS TO QUITTING DAIRY
- How You Can Get Your Dream Body With Only 15 Minutes Of Exercise