Reclining or Supine Poses
The reclining poses are considered relaxing and less strenuous. They are helpful poses for relieving tension and fatigue and are beneficial during men-struation.
Savasana (Corpse Pose; Relaxation Pose)
Sava means “corpse.”
Relaxes and replenishes the body, mind, and spirit. This is a good pose to do between asana and again at the completion of your practice. Savasana is the pose for yoga nidra, which means “sleep.” Yoga nidra is the final relaxation at the end of many yoga classes.
1. Lie flat on your back on a blanket or mat. Keep your hands by your sides, palms up. Legs are parallel, feet slightly apart.
2. Close your eyes. Begin to breathe slowly and deliberately. Concentrate on the exhalation.
3. Relax everything from your face to your toes.
Savasana Corpse Pose; Relaxation Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Morning Yoga Poses & Wake Up With Yoga
- Does Bed Rest During Pregnancy Really Help?
- What to do about itchy nipples and navel?
- Folic Acid Benefits in Pregnancy
- Yoga Postures for Sick