Sarvanga means “all parts of the body.”
Rejuvenates entire body; stretches neck and upper spine; stimulates the thyroid and parathyroid glands. The Shoulder Stand is considered the queen of the poses.
1. Lie on the floor with your legs together.
2. Place your hands, palms down, next to your side. Inhale, push down on your hands, and raise your legs straight above you.
3. Lift your hips off the floor and bring the legs up and over the head at an angle.
4. Exhale, bend your arms, place your palms on your spine, and, supporting your body, gently push your back up. Keep your arms as close to your body as possible. Breathe slowly and deeply.
5. Work to straighten the torso.
6. Roll out of the pose slowly, lowering your legs to an angle over your head. Place your hands, palms down, behind you.
7. Exhaling, continue to roll out until your entire body is resting on the floor. Relax.
Note: This pose is not advised for individuals who have a neck injury or high blood pressure or who are menstruating or pregnant.
Sarvangasana Shoulder Stand Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree