Side Lying Pose
Opening Pose, Finishing Pose • 5 to 8 minutes per side
2 square eighth-fold blankets
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- If you are pregnant, only take Side Lying Pose on your left side during pregnancy to avoid compression of the inferior vena cava.
- If you suffer from sciatic or low back pain and Side Lying Pose on one side increases your discomfort, only practice this pose on the other side.
- Offers a safe and comfortable alternative toBasic Relaxation Poseif you are pregnant, or if lying on your back causes you discomfort.
- Provides a cozy alternative to Basic Relaxation Poseor any of the supported backbends in this book if you feel too vulnerable lying on your back.
- Helps relieve pain and discomfort in your lower back.
Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose Photo Gallery
- . Stack the 2 blankets to create ample support for your head.
- . Lie down on your left side using the blankets as a pillow. Let your left arm extend out onto the ground in front of you.
- . Keep your left leg mostly straight, and bend your right knee resting your inner thigh and shin on the bolster. Relax.
- . Remain in Side Lying Pose for 5 to 8 minutes. To exit, press into your right hand to come up and turn over to lie down and repeat the pose on your right side (unless you are pregnant).
If you have access to 2 bolsters, you can use a second one to support your top arm in this pose to invite an even deeper state of surrender.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Wall
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Frog