Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the
Hip Opener • 5 to 8 minutes
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
Square eighth-fold blanket
- If this pose aggravates your hips, substituteReclining Butterfly.
- Supports and maintains your hips in a gentle, healthy external rotation.
- Gently stretches your inner thigh muscles.
- Helps relieve hip pain due to long periods spent sitting, standing, or walking.
- Can alleviate lower back tension associated with tightness in your hips and pelvis.
- Encourages mental tranquility and rejuvenates your mind.
Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the Photo Gallery
- . Position the bolster lengthwise near your feet. Lie back and bring your feet up onto the bolster. Place the soles of your feet together and let your knees open wide so that your outer shins rest on the bolster.
- . You can reduce the intensity of the stretch by moving your hips farther away from the bolster, so your knees aren’t bent at as deep of an angle.
- . Support your head and neck on the blanket and relax your arms at your sides.
- . Remain here for 5 to 8 minutes. To exit, use your hands to draw your knees together, roll to one side, then press yourself up to a sitting position.
Stress can make you feel defensive or closed off. Focus on the natural, easy sense of opening your body is experiencing and let your mind and energy absorb that same energy.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Wall