Chair Forward Fold
Forward Fold, Inversion • Up to 3 minutes
- If you should avoid all spinal forward bends, skip this pose and substitute Legs Up the Chair.
- Inverting is contraindicated for pregnancy, hernia, severe acid reflux, brain injuries, glaucoma, and high blood pressure.
- Supports your spine in flexion.
- Stretches your glutes and back muscles.
- Helps relieve tension in your neck, shoulders, and jaw.
- This is a forward fold you can do anywhere, from the conference room at work to the airport during a long travel day.
Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold Photo Gallery
- . Start sitting on the chair with your feet flat on the ground, about six inches apart.
- . Draw your chin to your chest, let your shoulders round forward, and slowly roll down until your torso is resting on your thighs and your head is hanging between your knees. Widen your legs if needed.
- . Release your hands onto the ground. Relax your neck and jaw.
- . Remain in Chair Forward Fold for up to 3 minutes. To exit, bring your hands onto your knees and press down to roll up to a sitting position.
If tightness in your back doesn’t allow your torso to come all the way to your thighs, place folded blankets in your lap for support.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Wall