Matsya means “fish.”
1. Lie down on your back. Your legs should be straight with your feet together. Place your hands at your sides, palms down and under your buttocks.
2. Press down on your elbows, inhale, and arch your back.
3. The crown of your head should be on the floor. Exhale.
4. Breathe deeply into this pose and keep your legs and lower body relaxed.
5. To come out of the pose, lift your head and place it gently back down, release your arms, and relax.
Note: Stay in this pose half the amount of time that you stayed in the Shoulder Stand.