A mandala is a circular design that draws the eye to the center of the circle. Mandalas are colorful and complex and take a variety of forms, from a simple geometric pattern to more elaborate, complicated patterns. Some mandalas are elaborate paintings on cloth. The mandala is profoundly symbolic in certain cultures. It is the foremost symbol allegorically in Tibetan Tantra Buddhism for man’s relationship with the cosmos or the spiritual path of the body and mind. Outside of Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, there is a mandala. The famous cathedral at Chartres, France, has a mandala on its floor.
In meditation a mandala represents the path to enlightenment. When one meditates on the colors in the mandala, the visual stimulation awakens the mind, body, and spirit.
Mandala Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree