Mala means “garland.”
The is a wonderful pose to open the pelvic area to prepare for birth.
1. Stand in Tadasana and bring your hands into the prayer position.
2. Spread your legs about three feet apart and slowly go into a squatting position.
3. Breathe into the position, hold, and then slowly come up.
Note: If you are beyond the second trimester of pregnancy and/or are having trouble with your balance, try the Wall Squat instead of this pose.
Malasana Squatting Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree