Horse Stance – Arms pushing Qi out to the side
Main Benefit – Strengthens the legs and opens the channels in the arms.
1. Bring your legs comfortable apart, feet at 45 degrees and start to sink into the knees a little. Get the sense that the knees are working outwards and work big toes into the floor.
2. Allow the tailbone to gently move towards the floor yet a low a gentle lower back curve. Basically no jamming into the lower back.
Horse Stance – Arms Pushing Qi Out To The Side Photos
Click to Photo for Next Images of Horse Stance – Arms Pushing Qi Out To The Side
Draw the anus in slightly and get a sense that the lower belly is drawn in slightly – you want to feel strong in your lower body, like a tree.
3. The arms, the branches gently push out to the sides, shoulders and elbows soft so the energy can flow easily.
4. Eyes forward, relaxed face. Close down the eyes and breath and hold for a few minutes.
5. Keep lower body strong and upper body light – you will feel the Qi intensify after a minute or two.