Hala means plow
Aids spine and hip flexibility; nourishes the spinal nerves; strengthens the back.
1. Lie down on the floor on a blanket or a mat.
2. Place your arms straight at your sides with your palms down and legs together.
3. Inhale, then raise your legs up.
4. Exhale, then inhale and bring your hips off the floor. Put your hands on your lower back for support, keeping your elbows close to your body.
5. Without bending your knees, exhale and bring your legs down behind your head, trying to touch your feet to the floor. Breathe.
6. You may not be able to touch the floor. Bring your legs only as far back as comfortable. To release, roll out of the pose onto your back.