A Minimalist’s Dream
A sequence with one simple prop setup • 40 to 60 minutes
Basic Relaxation Pose
Simple Supported Side Bend
Supported Open Twist
Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the Bolster
- Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- Blanket roll
- Square eighth-fold blanket (or neck pillow)
- Basic Relaxation Pose
- Simple Supported Side Bend
- Supported Open Twist
- Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the Bolster
- If you have a spinal injury, substitute 2 long eighth-fold blankets for the bolster in Simple Supported Side Bend and Supported Open Twist.
- One sweet and simple prop setup allows you to do less and relax more.
- Gently softens the muscles of your spine and hips to promote soothing states of ease and relaxation.
1 . Begin with 20 to 30 minutes in Basic Relaxation Pose , then bend your knees and roll to your side.
- . Press yourself up to a sitting position, then move your legs off to the left and move your right hip up to the edge of the bolster and tuck your feet in behind you. Guide yourself into Simple Supported Side Bend , for 3 to 5 minutes.
- . From Simple Supported Side Bend , on the right side, move directly into Supported Open Twist for 3 to 5 minutes.
- . Return to Simple Supported Side Bend , then press yourself up, leave your bolster where it is, and turn around to repeat both poses on the left side.
- . After you’ve completed Supported Open Twist on your left side, press yourself up and turn to face the bolster. Lie back and bring your feet onto the bolster to complete your practice with 5 to 8 minutes in Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the Bolster .
In Reclining Butterfly with Feet on the Bolster, take 6 to 8 rounds of Balanced Breath as outlined herein Chapter 8 to center and calm your mind.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree