Eka is “one”;pada, “leg”; and kapota, “dove.
Expands the lungs; stretches the abdominal muscles and the spine.
1. Exhaling, bend the left knee so that the foot is on the floor, heel toward the groin or thigh. The left knee should be on the floor.
2. Inhale and take the right leg and bring it back behind your body; stretch it behind you on the floor.
3. Rest your hands on the floor in front of you and breathe. On your exhalation, take your hands over your head. Simultaneously, bend your left leg at the knee toward your head, griping your left foot with your hands. Exhale, and stretch your head back to touch your foot. Rest your head on your foot.
4. Stretch and breathe into the pose.
Note: This is an advanced pose and requires strength and flexibility. It should not be done by those with bad knees or by beginners.
Eka Pada Rajakapotasana One-Legged Dove Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- GET A LIFT Enhance Your Bust With These Targeted Chest Moves
- Rachel Chatham Brand Manager, FIT London
- ROW LIKE A PRO
- FITNESS FOR PREVENT PAIN
- Kourtney Kardashian Beauty Treatments