Child’s Pose – Balasana
Main benefit – Calms the mind, draws energy inside and softens the back.
1. Sit on your heels, feet flat in the seiza position. If it’s too much on your ankles or knees, try placing a blanket under your feet and knees. If this doesn’t work for you, then just come down into a crosslegged seated position.
2. From here, simply draw your torso down toward the floor. Rest your forehead on the floor. Relaxed arms can be out in front or down the side.
3. Close your eyes and take a few breaths, relax your back and shoulders.
4. When you’re ready to come out, simply draw your torso back up to sit on your heels or on the floor.
– The child’s pose can be done anytime you feel like you need to have a rest or break, especially in yoga class.
Child’s Pose – Balasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Chair Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Bridge
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Side Lying Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Pregnant Goddess Pose
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Restorative Tree