Best Upper Body Plyometric Exercises
Track your eating habits for one week, then compare them to the DASH eating plan. Make adjustments to bring your diet closer to the DASH recommendations.
Sign up for a class in CPR. A CPR certification equips you with valuable lifesaving skills you can use to help someone who is choking, having a heart attack, or experiencing cardiac arrest.
Best Upper Body Plyometric Exercises Photos
Click to Photo for Next Images of Best Upper Body Plyometric Exercises
• The major controllable risk factors for CVD are smoking, hypertension, unhealthy cholesterol levels, inactivity, overweight and obesity, and diabetes.
• Contributing factors for CVD that can be changed include high triglyceride levels, inadequate stress management, a hostile personality, depression, anxiety, lack of social support, poverty, and alcohol and drug use.
• Major risk factors for CVD that can’t be changed are heredity, aging, being male, and ethnicity.
• Hypertension weakens the heart and scars and hardens arteries, causing resistance to blood flow. It is defined as blood pressure equal to or higher than 140 over 90.
• Atherosclerosis is a progressive hardening and narrowing of arteries that can lead to restricted blood flow and even complete blockage.
• Heart attacks, strokes, and congestive heart failure are the results of a long-term disease process; hypertension and atherosclerosis are usually involved.
• Reducing heart disease risk involves eating a heart-healthy diet, exercising regularly, avoiding tobacco, managing blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and handling stress and anger.