PRICE: Joint compression is a concern in older adults who work to complete fatigue/failure, but that is specifically referring to older adults. What is the latest thinking on the optimal number of reps and sets when you’re strength training?
Are There Any People Who Shouldn’t Do Strength Training? Photo Gallery
OLSON: You need a weight heavy enough to fatigue individual muscle groups in four to eight reps. You should build from two sets to three to four sets.
PRICE: Sets and reps can really be varied based on the goals of the individual. For a beginner, I usually recommend one to two sets of 12 to 15 reps with moderate weight.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- IS FITNESS AS IMPORTANT TO YOUR AS DIET?
- Best For: Sweat-Wicking Compression Leggings
- The Exact Workout And Fitness Routines Celebrities
- Unlock Your Mind’s Potential And Make Your Life Amazing
- How To Lose Weight Quickly